Monday, May 13, 2024

A Place For Hexies

 I had this toppling over stack of hexies ready to go and I was worried they were going to get mixed in with the mess of scraps from working on the Scrap Tape. So they needed a place to hang out together and I had saved a magnetic closure box that was close to the right shape and size. Formerly housed a FitBit. Of course I needed a rainbow, so I used some Inktense blocks on some heavy sketchbook paper.

After brushing on some water and letting the rainbow dry, I trimmed it down to close to the exact size and glued it into the base of the box.
I had to cover up the FitBit logo and UPC codes with some nearly matching washi tape.
It's a really nice box, heavy and a solid closure that sticks with no fiddling around. 
It fits all the hexies I have so far with lots of room for more. I could even have a little sewing kit in here.
A rainbow of Hexies in a rainbow box. Now to sew some together....









No comments: