Sunday, November 12, 2023

Trinket Back Done

 

I'm having a bit of a backlog up on the ol' design wall, the Trinket back pieces were pinned up on top of the January-May Temperature Quilt columns. I had to take all the pieces of the Trinket back down to sew them together. While they were off, I pinned up the Trinket quilt top and then started rearranging on top of that to get an idea of the size required for the backing. It's a lot of layers and pins!
But that's all sorted now, and the Trinket quilt back is assembled. It's a skosh too small width-wise so I'll add two purple borders, one on either side. I like the almost arranged in orderly checkerboard squares but a little bit off-kilter. At one point I had to cut a few more squares for a final column and I added in more whites so either side would have a bit of white balance. They really stick out from the intensely colored squares.
I'm glad that I isolated and "floated" the special teeny-tiny show-off-y paper pieced squares in their own section. I'm unreasonably chuffed (proud I guess) about how they turned out. Showing off, but on the back isn't too braggadocios of me I suppose.
I keep trying to flick that piece of thread off the screen↑↑↑ 
But alas, it's just in the picture. 
Hopefully I can get the Trinket quilt spray basted and layered before the rain starts next week.

No comments: