Sunday, November 05, 2023

Corrected Orange

 


After fooling around with choosing the Temperature Quilt fabric choices for the hotter temperatures, I realized I had two pieces in the already pieced April column that were now incorrect. They should be actual orange not yellow-orange nearly orange.

I could have just un-sewed a few seams, and replaced the pieces with orange fabric but I wanted to see if I could change the almost orange not quite yellow-orange in situ. Laziness or curiosity or some combination of both I suppose.
Time to pull out the ink, as in the Tsukineko ink and give it a try.
On the left are the cut out dyed orange fabric shapes and on the right are some of the dyed yellow-orange  fabric over-inked with the orange Tsukineko ink.
One of my studio assistants, LeeLoo thought I was being quite silly and should have just replaced the pieces. 
I over-inked the two pieces right there up on the design wall and I think it turned out great. 
Closer up, you can see them in the pieced column on the left. On the right in the un-pieced column is the orange dyed fabric I'm using from here on out for the year.

No comments: