Friday, November 03, 2023

Color+GrayX2

 
Here are the results of the second part of the toning with grey lesson in the Dye Mastery class that I'm currently taking. This is the same 12-step color wheel with a less color and more gray dyes used.

So interesting that the upper left Yellow is such an olive color. The violet and blue violet were only slightly affected. Fascinating stuff, huh?
I really like that red-orange in the upper left corner of this one. 
As usual one of my favorite things about dyeing is the wonderful dyed threads that result.
More about the Temperature Quilt dyeing, there were some absolute failures like this one above. Although this turned out to be a gorgeous pink purple with a lot of variation that I really love. This fabric I'm trying to match I've realized was not dyed, but instead painted with SetaColor. So if we have a cold spell over these last two months of the year, I'll try painting some. So far I have enough to cover all the 25-30F days so far this year with lots to spare.
There was also some success. This is will be one of the most used colors this year (76-80F), so now I have plenty.

This one was a happy accident, I was trying for one color range but succeeded in dyeing the next one that I also needed. So it all works out. This is also a popular temperature range this year 36-40F, so I'm happy to have enough now.

I'm now realizing that I haven't ever tried to dye an exact matching color before, and it's quite a lot harder than one would think. Especially when there's no notes from back then to go off of. I'm learning, so now there are notes! The result is a lot of colors that I really enjoy and will use, so it's all good.



No comments: