Monday, November 20, 2023

The Wearable Portion


For the wearables portion of the endless dyeing content:I took some pictures of the linen/rayon that I dyed to use for the lining of my Y.E.S. coat as it was hanging up to dry the rest of the way. It's somewhat wrinkly and a bit damp from the dryer. Shoot, now that I write this, I'm realizing that I should have ironed it while it was damp.
The black pin stripe shows up nicely.
I got some good mottling and variation.
A teensy bit of red/pink splitting but not too bad overall for this sort of dye.
I also dyed this mock turtleneck tunic for myself. It has one diagonal seam (with one odd pocket) and a floaty hem. I like it, but I may overdue it.
A close up of the odd pocket.
And a shot of the tank tops and bamboo socks I also dyed. I'm all set now for dyed clothes I think.
 

2 comments:

Jaye said...

That tunic looks like it is a nice shape. I probably wouldn't wear a dyed one unless it was fairly uniform. You know how I am. ;-)

Julie Zaccone Stiller said...

It is a pretty flattering shape, but it's too light for me. Definitely over-dyeing it.