Saturday, November 25, 2023

Thanksgiving Report

 

The Thanksgiving Table before picture. We pulled out the extra leaf to make it longer, polished it up, got out the decorations and china.
I spent so much time ironing the napkins and table cloth. Regretting the choice of 100% cotton the whole time but still loving how it tuns out on the table. Next time I'm putting it in the dryer on the steam setting first. 
DS and Korben greeting my parents as they arrived. They hadn't been over since before Covid so it was a big deal.
Here's the three of us, picture credit to mom. My mom gave us these Thanksgiving aprons from a charity that she reports, one a year until we had three. She was pretty thrilled that we were wearing them. The blue thing on the wall is a NanoLeaf which responds to noise/music/etc.

This was the one and only food picture I took unfortunately, but that turkey was awesome. Diestel Farms never fails us.
My SIL's family joined us too and brought their dog, Ginger along. She had a good time running around with Meg chasing the cats. 
The End
Hope your day was great too!

2 comments:

Jaye said...

Ours went more smoothly than anticipated, which was great. Glad you had a nice time. I iron all my, also, cotton napkins right after I wash them, then pile them up in a drawer to keep them smooth. 27 of them!!

Julie Zaccone Stiller said...

I'm glad yours went smoothly. And 27 is an awful lot!