Tuesday, November 28, 2023

Back To It

After many days away from my studio due to all the Thanksgiving busy-ness, I'm finally back in front of my sewing machine. I got to work right away on the June column of the Temperature quilt. Mostly because I need to use my design wall.
It's going together pretty quickly.
For our visitor's sake, I took off all the covers of the couch pillows to wash them and hopefully help with limiting the amount of pet hair. I realized I had some repairs to do for the Jawbreaker and Lucky Charm pillows. These have been out on the couches since 2020, and they've beenwashed a couple times, but there were some big issues on the edges. The woven upholstery fabric I used for the back of the pillows had given way and raveled in several places. That took a while to re-stitch, but it will be worth it to have these last longer. 
**Reminder to self: Next time I make a pillow with this time of fabric remind me to use a French Seam.
I was never terribly happy with the lap over non-closure I'd done on the back so I added some rectangles of velcro.
And for a personal big win, I remembered to select the correct sew-in version, not the stick-on one.

Now they're going into the wash.

 

No comments: