Wednesday, November 15, 2023

Into June

 

I laid out the June column for the Temperature quilt yesterday. And I noticed an error? A miscalculation? The red piece for May 13th was representing a day that was 94°F. The one in the layout for June 30th is supposed to be representing 97°F.. So it should look like a different color, but it's doesn't. 

Here's another view of the color difference/sameness.
The red-orange and the red color just don't read differently enough from a distance. Here you can see how different they are close up.

So I'm taking out the red that's reading too close to the 94°F day. That's the stack of pieces on the right. I'm  moving the temperature range up a step. 
Now to cut a few out for the 101-105°F that will be in the more hot pink range.

That's much better for June 30th! I just want June to get the credit for having a 97°F day I guess.
Last week on dye day, I tried one more time to match the 25-30°F weirdo mauve color. This is the one I'm pretty sure was painted with diluted SetaColor. As you can see, I'm not even close, but what a lovely purple that one is. Hopefully we won't have an extended super cold spell for the rest of the year, and I should be okay.
I did finally match the 36-40°F range which is good because I'm definitely going to need some more of this temperature.
I'm also happy enough with the 71-75°F matching attempt. That's good because there's a lot of days in this range for the upcoming months in my piecing journey as I go through the temperature year that was.

No comments: