Thursday, November 16, 2023

To Be Used And To Be Dyed

Keeping track of various purchases that I've made lately. Some more WonderClips as so many of mine are being used in the Temperature Quilt piecing process. And some of the colorful bobbin thread keepers that friend Jaye recommended. Help me keep it together please. Some emery sand and ground walnut shell stuffing for the pincushion I'm working on for the BAM pincushion swap. Also a couple of yards of bright white Cotton Couture, all ripped into 1/2 yard pieces edge machine embroidered and ready to pre-wash and then dye.
Some fabric and tank tops and bamboo shortie socks to be dyed from Dharma Trading. I got one each of all the tank tops they have on offer, they're all jerseys of various weights and fabric contents. Some black Pimatex I bought by accident (it was supposed to be the white version, whoops!). And some very on sale rayon/linen striped fabric to be dyed grey and used for the lining for my YES coat.
This fabric has a really lovely silky hand which will work well for a coat lining. It has a nice weight too, I think it will stand up well to all the pieced cottons on the outside of the coat. Hopefully it will take dye well.
I need some help with my EPP methods so I bought the new gizmo that SewTites recently came out with. I'll let you know whether it works for me once I try it out.
And in the preview of coming attractions section, I'm now moving onto the next unit in the Dye Mastery class that I'm taking. These three are in the first dye baths right now, but here's how they looked before I dunked them. Two are flag-folded, with steam pressed in folds. The other is covered with rubber banded circles.
I think these are going to be pretty cool patterns when they're unfolded. Fingers crossed!
Then there will likely be at least one more dye baths before they're done. More on the outcome later..
 

1 comment:

Sol said...

Thanks for making complex topics digestible and engaging for your readers.