Monday, November 06, 2023

Trinket Back Start

I started working on assembling the quilt back for the Trinket quilt at Sew Day this last weekend. This is the center part. I guess I wasn't paying enough attention and incorrectly assembled the strips, so when I returned home I un-sewed one of these long seams and reassembled and added one more strip to look like this:
There, that's better. 
I'm trying to highlight these crazy small paper pieced blocks by "floating" them on the dark purple solid.
I think it works to do that. These little blocks are so intense when you see them by themselves. Glowing so brightly against the dark purple.
The other part of this back is going to be squares of all the Alison Glass fabrics and more of the dark purple solid. I love this one particular set of three fabrics, "so Hot!"
At Sew Day I cut out about half of these 4.5" squares and then sewed them all together in groups. 
Now for some more assembling and rearranging and probably measuring too.


 

2 comments:

Jaye said...

This will be such a great quilt! I see the background more as eggplant than dark purple.

Julie Zaccone Stiller said...

Eggplant works as well, yes. The color name of the Painter's Palette fabric is Blackberry which is a good descriptor of the blackness+purpleness.