Sunday, April 07, 2024

More Laps

 

A few more laps were made around the Kawandi at BAMQ Sew Day yesterday. Some more pieces of the silk fabrics I'm choosing from were added as I made my laps. 

As I get closer and closer to the center I have to go back and look at my notes or at Sujata Shah's website for indications on how the centers of these Kawandi pieces are finished off.

But the corners are dismaying me with their excessive fraying. (fraying and dismaying) so I decided to do some experiments with Fray Check. 

This was a new bottle that I hadn't opened, so it required a pin piercing to get it going. I like the fine tip applicator so that it doesn't blob out all over. 

It leaves a mark, but I think it's okay as a color change delineating the change from fabric to frayed edged which I'll be leaving. 

I just hope that it stops the deterioration of the corner pieces. 

No comments: