Saturday, April 06, 2024

49 Out Of 100

Here's most of the whole first week of April's Scrap Tape daily 9" output for my 100 Days Project. I'm up to 49 days out of 100 now! Almost half way there.
I love the tiny pieced center of this one, but why is it so wrinkled and distorted?
Whoops! Too much ironing, with steam, which distorted the Scrap Tape. I'm going to try some starch spray to see if it'll flatten out.
The backing off-cuts from the Blue Squares quilt are now making an appearance.
I actually started running out of "current" scraps, so I grabbed the nearest container of scraps and now have more variety to use. 
Definitely a different look and feel from these. That really modern graphic one on the right is a heavier weight almost upholstery fabric. What did I make with that? I honestly don't even remember! Did I snag the scraps from someone at a retreat or something?
That black/silver swirly print was a badly cut tumbler for my Tumbler quilt

At this close to halfway point, I have to say I'm surprised at myself for sticking with this for so many days in a row, especially with having to catch up from traveling to San Diego. But I did, and I'm continuing on, it's so fun to work on. Looking at that Tumbler quilt, now I'm picturing what an entire king sized quilt made up of these strips pieced together lengthwise. I think it would look sort of like a crazy quilt quilt but in columns. That would be crazy though. but if I do this 100 Days Project every year until I have enough...nah that'd be cuckoo bananas.

No comments: