Thursday, April 04, 2024

From Pirate Black to Candy Pink

All of a sudden I've got 9 Pantone Project blocks to make, so I did the hard part first today...which is choosing the fabrics. Yes there are "only" 8 cards pictured here, the photo was taken before I'd gotten around to getting the mail from the post office box.

 There's another step that I've been doing now that we're so close to the end of the block making step. I've got my blocks that I've made sorted into color groups (Green, Blue, Pink, etc.) and I'm checking to make sure I'm not re-using the same fabrics. Quite a few times I've found that I've chosen the same fabric again as a lot of these cards are really close in tone, tint, and/or shade.
I love friend Jaye's notation on the Pirate Black: Argh!

2 comments:

Jaye said...

Nice choices for your fabrics. I have a stack to select fabrics for and sew, as well. Not sure I'll get to it for a few days.

Julie Zaccone Stiller said...

Thanks, I had fun picking them out. I'm glad you have a stack of chosen fabrics, it sure makes the block making go a lot faster.