Sunday, April 21, 2024

Yarned Up

 

One of the places I like to go when we visit San Diego is Apricot Yarn & Supply. It's very nearby to Visions Museum and is just a really lovely shop. As I'm neither a knitter or a crocheter, it's just fun to go in and goggle at the beautiful colors and textures and of course to pet stuff. But I usually like to buy something aspirationlly, shall we say?
I bought this really nice variegated sock weight yarn and a smallish crochet hook with a larger grip. This crochet hook fits my hand very well and is nicely balance. Will I ever crochet an actual sock? Or perhaps something else? I unfortunately realized a bit too late that the yarn was much too fine to try and crochet with in the car as I'm not that practiced. So now it's in my yarn basket in my workroom. Maybe I'll try crocheting while I watch SF Giants baseball games this season.

No comments: