Sunday, April 28, 2024

4 I's Quilting

 

One of the other projects I spent time on during the retreat was free-motion quilting the 4 I's quilt for the BAMQ fair challenge exhibit. I spent most of Saturday working this and still didn't finish. It was very very hard to "stay in the zone" during a retreat, and memo to self, don't try it next time. Is it award winning quilting? Well, no, but it's done by my own hands, as in non-stitch-regulated non-ruler using free motion quilting that shows my character and my style. 
I still have the green sections on the lower right as well as the gray borders and triangles left to do. All those thread color changes were worth it as the quilting isn't too prominent. I've got to get this done before the deadline which coincides with my knee surgery date, a double deadline!

2 comments:

Jaye said...

I wonder what the perfect Retreat project is? I thought my Diagonal 9 patches would be fairly interruptable. I think my problem is that I am so used to sewing alone that I really get into a zone.

Julie Zaccone Stiller said...

I think free motion quilting is not it for me. I think regular machine quilting would probably be fine and very interruptible. Definitely get in a zone as I'm also used to sewing alone. The being interrupted for giving out tickets was not helpful. Live and learn right?