Wednesday, April 10, 2024

First of the I's

 
I'm starting in on making the first block of four for the 3 I's quilt for the BAMQ group exhibit. Yes, I'm paper-piecing these enormous blocks, and yes, it's more than a little bit silly, but I think it'll work for me.

The first piece went together well. I really like these two prints together. I'm glad that I wasn't trying to match the directions of the blue print. I think it works out to be more visually interesting to see each of the three blue pieces go in slightly different directions.
Here's how the three pieces of the block look before sewing them all together. Really happy with the prints that I chose, they're all busy and active in their own ways, but not overly so. I'm looking forward to seeing the contrast of another block being all solids.

And here's how it looks all sewn up, pretty cool, I think! I'm really liking the direction and movement in this block, kind of like the FedEx logo, etc. The giant paper piecing isn't terrible since it isn't tiny like the tiny Trinket blocks.

No comments: