Tuesday, August 08, 2023

Needed a Solid

 I wanted to continue making blocks for the Metro Twist, so I ordered some more of the sort of odd solid blue, Ruby+Bee in Pool. Thanks to Hawthorne Supply for still having some in stock. It's a bit greyed-out of a color I think, maybe a bit greenish, so all the other clear solid blues I had just didn't look right. Most of the other prints I'm using in that quilt have the same over-greyed caste. 

I also bought a couple of the re-released Tula Pink fabrics to make the Set Sail pattern. And a couple on sale Tula Pink prints that I'd missed. I really love those owl faces. Another print is from Art Gallery Fabrics, Libellule in Ascension and it reminded me of the style of old botanical illustrations that I like. The colors are really pretty and soft. No use immediate use in mind for this one, I just liked it.

From the same Spring Equinox collection, I got this Weeping Willow rayon for the next blouse I'm working on for Garment Sewing Academy. Really a lovely flow-y hand to this fabric. You can never be sure about the colors when you buy online, but I'm very pleased with this one.
Yes, it matches! The solid piece hasn't been washed yet, that's the only difference, the surface is slightly different. That's always the worry when you try to match solids bought from different bolts, dye lots, production days, etc. there's always the chance it will be a bit off. This is definitely close enough for me.

No comments: