Sunday, August 20, 2023

Four Happy Centers

 

Back to do some more paper piecing for the finisher blocks for the Trinket quilt. For the back of the quilt actually. I posted about the easy star I did as a sort of warm-up. These will be trimmed down to be the center of the other stars.
So instead of a 4.5" version of the patterns as I pieced for the Trinket quilt top, these are all sized way down to fit in the middle of the Sawtooth Star.
The first one I did has a mistake! There are six lines instead of 5, bonus! The other two fabrics behind the block will make up the background and star points of the Sawtooth Star.
A star within a star, why not? None of these are pressed as it's too hot today to turn on the iron.
I'm really happy with this one. I like how the strawberry arrangement worked out. And I made sure not to have the pink of a strawberry up against the heart. 
I had to look this one up in the pattern book as the paper pieces didn't make sense. Oh yeah, this is a weird one, but I think it worked out.

A look at all of the fabrics and blocks together. I am once again reminded that working with these fabrics make me very happy. 

No comments: