Friday, August 04, 2023

Four Pantone Blocks

I made four more Pantone Project blocks. I started out with choosing fabrics. There were lots of greens to choose from.
I was surprised that I had so many choices for this Sauterne color. It's definitely a weird color. 
I knew this Deep Forest (super dark black green) one was going to be a tough match, and the choice I made may be surprising.

The final choices.
And here they all are. I was so glad to see that the choice I made for the bottom dark one was right on.
I was really happy working with this group of fabrics. 
Not that they'd work on their own as a quilt or anything, just mentioning that I liked these four fabrics a lot. 
I've been keeping track of the blocks I'm making and have now made 2 of each of the 27 Pattern Play blocks we're working with. So now I'm starting over on round 3 with that center diamond block on the bottom. I don't think it matters that there's an exact number of each block of course, just wanted to make sure I didn't make too many of just a few. Going for a good distribution, just like with the colors.


No comments: