Wednesday, August 16, 2023

Back Addendum

 

I was going to sandwich the Stitch Happens quilt top, but then I remembered that the backing I made was a skosh too small. About 2 1/4" too small in one direction.
I added a strip of scraps from making the quilt top with a little of the background solid on either end. Then I added one more small strip of the background to seal in those scraps. This will be the straight edge that I begin with when I do the sandwiching to make sure that line of scraps doesn't get trimmed off.
I really like this combo of the green orange red/magenta and purple pink in this picture. Striking.

Did I like the quilt backing as it was before? Yes. Should I have just added a big width of just the background solid instead of the pieced column of scraps? Maybe. But I think it looks just fine.
Still a bit unnaturally obsessed with how the teeny HST's turned out.
Now I can get to some sandwiching.



1 comment:

Julie Zaccone Stiller said...

Thanks! I'm getting some stuff closer to done...