Saturday, May 13, 2023

Goldilocks Situation

The back that I made for the Stitch Happens quilt was bugging me as it was pinned up on the design wall. There was something missing. Turns out that it needed some solid purple all the way around the outside. That's better.
And I added the same purple around as an interior border to the Stitch Happens top. The final border will be squares of the fabrics used to make the machine. That'll make the whole thing a bit closer to lap-sized. This is not just a bid to put off sandwiching the quilt, I want it to be a useable size. It was too big to hang up on the wall and not quite big enough for a lap quilt. A Goldilocks situation for sure.
And while I had the purple fabric out on the cutting mat I also cut out the binding strips and assembled them. Here they are with the binding for the Japanese Houses, and Orange Bullseye.
A somewhat nicer photo of the three, my BindingBaby being a bit judg-y about the binding backup happening.
 

2 comments:

Jaye said...

I also try to make the binding as I am getting the back ready. It is just a lot easier to have it all done.

You are really on a roll getting projects finished! Yay!!!

Julie Zaccone Stiller said...

I'm feeling like I'm prepared to get projects finished, eventually getting there.