Saturday, May 27, 2023

Temperature Rainbow

I haven't posted much about the Temperature quilt, because honestly, I hadn't gotten going on it quite yet except for the background which isn't too exciting to look at. Finally I've worked out which colors are which temperatures. That was the hardest part for some reason.  Here's the rainbow! These are all of my own hand-dyes.
So here's some action shots of cutting out the very first temperature bracket 25 -30 (Farenheit to be clear). I only needed to cut out 9 of this color so far this year.
Then I moved onto cutting out the next range, 31-35. There are a lot more required than the first range, already need 36 of this color.
As I have to cut all these shapes ahead of time and then try to keep them organized, I decided to make myself some labels. For some reason, I didn't think about how gigantic these ended up. Also, a second note to myself, check the printer's color levels!
As I go along I'm also figuring out which colors I may need to dye some more fabric to hopefully match closely enough if needed. What are the chances that we get below 30F in the winter this year? Pretty good...so I better figure this out.

No comments: