Friday, May 26, 2023

New Tool Review: Magic Carpet

 My new very favorite tool in my workroom is this crazy looking beast. So pointy!

Can you tell what it is? 
Here's a rotary cutter for size comparison.
I got to choose the colors that it was made in from a very wide selection. I'm very very pleased with how great this looks (it reminds me of a Pokemon for some reason?!).

It's a Magic Carpet sewing machine foot pedal platform from Plastic & Sawdust on Etsy.
It fits my sewing machine pedal absolutely perfectly. And the maker is very open to making adjustments to sizing, they even checked with me to make sure my pedal would fit.
The opening on the side fits the plug very well. The pointy feet sink right into my carpet, and 
It Does Not Move
I'm so excited that this thing works, I've been getting very frustrated with my sewing machine pedal lately. That moment when you realize you're in a weird one leg stretched way out position and your back hurts because you're sitting so strangely as you chase the pedal will no longer happen. Perfect. 
Highly recommend this if you're sewing in a carpeted room.

1 comment:

Jaye said...

I am in the same position. I have a pad that supposed to keep the pedal in place, but it doesn't work. I looked this up in hope for a solution to the back and stretched leg problem, but I don't have carpet, so I have to keep looking.