Thursday, August 10, 2023

Plaid Time

 

I came home from Sew Day with another quilt to get quilted and bound for BAMQ Community Giving. Yes, I was drawn to the backing fabric that was showing. Frida Kahlo+Dia de los Muertos so of course.
But then I realized it was friend Jaye's wonderful plaids top that she'd just finished and turned in to be quilted. I don't wear much plaid at all, but I really love the look of plaid. I used to wear my Mom's wool tartan skirt to high school or my great grandpa's plaid wool overshirts in college. It's probably leftover from my fascination with the 80's Vivienne Westwood punk looks. (Ballgowns in tartan, etc.).

Anyways...I'm excited to get to work on this lovely. I got it all ironed and then smoothed out the quilt sandwich up on the design wall with a 24" ruler.
 I carefully took it down and draped it over the ironing board to pin baste. Ready to quilt! I think I'll try to do a plaid motif.

No comments: