Wednesday, August 23, 2023

Five Sawtooths.

 Back to making Sawtooth Stars for the back of the Trinket Quilt.
After making two of the blocks with the paper piecing pattern, I decided to just do it myself without the papers. It was just too fiddly for me. I'm still not up for using paper piecing when I really don't need to.

I trimmed the paper pieced centers down to size (2.5").

I cut all the pieces oversized and trimmed it down to 4.5"
I used the little rotating rotary cutting mat that I have, very useful.
These al turned out so well.
I already showed you this one.
Fun fabric choices. I like how the words being at all angles makes the block look a little chaotic.
My little star turned out a bit wonky, but I still love it.
Eeeee, love them.
Just very photogenic.

One last group photo.

2 comments:

Jaye said...

All that tiny piecing must be great practice for your piecing skills.

Julie Zaccone Stiller said...

It's very tiny, I'm glad I used the paper piecing for the smallest parts.