Saturday, August 19, 2023

Easy Star to Start

For the back of the Trinket quilt, I'm paper piecing some of the special "finisher blocks" to use on the quilt back. There are two available, first is this Sawtooth Star, the other one looks like an award ribbon. The idea is to do something special for the bigger center of each block, as seen on this page. There are lots of options that are provided with the pattern for each. My plan is to try them all out just to see if I can. They involve using my new Add An 1/8th ruler instead of the usual Add A 1/4 ruler. So it will be a real challenge for me. For this first one I just fussy cut the center.

I like how it turned out, not really something that needs to be paper pieced of course, but it worked. Now on to the more complicated versions.
 

2 comments:

Jaye said...

Sawtooth Stars are fabulous! Remember that Star Sampler I made? It is made out of all Sawtooth Stars. There are all different versions.

Julie Zaccone Stiller said...

They are really nice stars, so much room in the center for something special. Oh yes, the Star Sampler, that was a cool one