Tuesday, August 16, 2016

Star Blocks

I recently made a couple of blocks for quilts being made for online friends who need them. 

I tried out one of the new dies I've purchased for the Sizzix, and I was very pleased with how they turned out. It makes it very easy to sew these types of triangles together with the points cut off.
I haven't tried all three of them yet, just the one on the left. I rotary cut the squares as I haven't bought a square die yet, but I just might. The Sizzix is so much more accurate than I am. Which is the whole point of the thing really!


2 comments:

Scooquilt said...

I really like your first block w the solid against the bold print! I don't have any dies, but it seems like I might have a ruler somewhere...

Julie Zaccone Stiller said...

Thank you so much! I bet you have a ruler would work great for this kind of block.