Tuesday, August 30, 2016

14/100 Blocks


Here are the next seven blocks in the project of making and posting one block per day from the Tula Pink's City Sampler: 100 Modern Quilt Blocks.  My plan is to make these 6.5" (6" finished size)  with Tula Pink fabrics and my hand-dyes. 
The first eight up on the design wall. I think I'll be using one of the settings with borders that is highlighted in the book to set each one off by itself.
I got to practice some fussy cutting.
I fussy-cut this print because I wanted to highlight this bat that is kind of lost in the overall print.


Here was the first mis-sewn version! Whoops. 
And after a little un-sewing here's the correctly sewn version.

The last made-ahead block. I had to pre-sew all these as I was away on vacation in Oregon. I did manage to post each day over on Instagram. Now back to sewing along daily.



No comments: