Sunday, August 21, 2016

Italian ABC's


 I have a new small quilt project going for my nephew that is based on a panel of Italian ABC squares. (ssshhh it's a surprise) Each one has beautiful illustrations of things that begin with that letter and the Italian word for them. It might be super confusing to him, but I bet he'll learn a few Italian words.

I used my handy-dandy color wheel to find the corresponding triad colors based on the background color of each square.
I selected an array of my hand-dyed fabrics that matched up with the colors that I needed to carry out the triad color scheme.
The Italian ABC's now brought to you without the letters J, K, W, X, Y.  One of those things one never considers, that other language's alphabets aren't the same as your own.
 I still have to assemble the blocks together and am considering borders/sashing options. Especially to highlight the horizontal strip of illustrations that I haven't used yet. I think it's going to be pretty cool, and I hope he likes it.

2 comments:

Jaye said...

**I** love it! What a great idea!

Julie Zaccone Stiller said...

Haha! "I" thank you!