Friday, August 12, 2016

QuiltCon Shopping

 When I was at QuiltCon this year, I wasn't planning to buy too much new fabric. I mean that's always the plan at these shows, right? But I ended up with a few things, as there were some vendors at the show that I hadn't encountered before, that's the excuse I'm going with.

I was really into the grays for some reason. Probably the whole Modern Quilt aesthetic which I was immersed in, that and I've always liked gray. And there's something irresistible about these ribbons that a lot of the designers are now having produced to coordinate with their fabrics.
 I was thinking this fabric would make a cute pillowcase. And the ribbon might turn into a headband.
 These were freebies from Marcus Fabrics as a reward for sewing some blocks for their ALS quilt.

 I was still shopping for Gray and That-Certain -Yellow I can never find, for a planned Yellow/Gray quilt, a couple of these might end up in that project.
 Such a serious looking octopus. It makes me smile every time I see it.
 I had to show you the label along with the fabric, "Sew Scary Woman" hmmmm, new internet avatar name??
 This grouping makes me hungry for some reason. Sorbet colors? Salad colors?


2 comments:

Jaye said...

I don't remember you buying ribbon at QuiltCon. I let you out of my sight for one minute.... ;-)

Julie Zaccone Stiller said...

I know right? I think you were talking to someone in the booth next door, or I was just being sneaky.