Thursday, August 25, 2016

7 Out of 100

 I've started participating in a new daily block project #100Days100Blocks hosted by Gnome Angel. A huge group of online quilters are making all 100 of the blocks in
I'm using the Tula Pink fabrics that I have along with my hand-dyes. So far it's working out pretty well.
Each day we post our picture of the block of the day and then you get to scroll through #100Days100 Blocks on Instagram looking at all the huge variety in how the block looks in all the different fabrics everyone uses. It's very very cool.
Sometimes I'm taking the time to fussy cut images I want to highlight, especially where the block has a nice big space available.
I'm really enjoying seeing how well the fabrics I've dyed work with this very modern quilt fabric.
I'm keeping a journal with fabric swatches and notes on the block construction.
We're working through the book in order, so we're starting off with the Cross Blocks first.
All of these are 6" finished blocks.  This one I screwed up the checkerboard and had to un-sew, but it was worth it.

No comments: