The above is a 5x5" piece I made at a CQFA retreat out of my table scraps at the end of the weekend. I can look at this little thing and remember what pieces I was working on that weekend even though it was four years ago, just from these little bits of fabric. And I like that, it's a journal of sorts, a very personal one that would probably not interest anyone else, but I find it valuable.
So, as I'm trying to control the amount of scrap-page that's accumulating around here (I literally have boxes full) my new project will be a weekly one, with these rules:
- At the beginning of each week, I'll use the scraps that have accumulated on my work table from the previous week to make one Study Square Quiltlet
- The study doesn't have to use up 100% of the scraps, but I'll try to use as much of them as possible.
- If I don't have enough scraps to make anything, I'll use the leftovers from the previous weeks.
- I won't purchase anything new to make my weekly study.
- My prompt will be drawn from here. Any combination of the random 8 words generated.
- I can make more than one thing per week if I find it necessary.
- Other things besides fabric scraps are allowed to be incorporated, but I can't buy anything new specifically for this project.
- The size of each piece will be 8.5 x 8.5" (to fit this box I've had for ages.)
- I will make a blog post with a picture of the weekly study sometime in the following week.