Saturday, July 16, 2022

Back To The Village


On to another thing on my monthly to-do list, the Japanese Houses quilt. This was a project I started last year, prompted by the Sewtopia sew-a-long using the Village pattern from Moda.
Confession: the super cute logo got me.

Cats don't like playing violins apparently.

Don't forget your Susi Roll. 
Possibly my favorite house so far. That word/phrase fabric is so bonkers.

I just made 8 more blocks and sewed them together into the fifth row there on the bottom. There is one block made with the blue background, the rest made with the grey. Unfortunately I can't find the three fabrics I'd chosen for the background because of course I put all my fabric away, sigh. But I have a lot of pieces already cut out of the grey so I'm working with those until I can put my hands on the fabrics. 

 

3 comments:

Jaye said...

I pinned a post-it note to the background fabric for the Diagonal 9 Patch I recently finished and that saved me! I thought it was in one place. When I couldn't find it, I went digging through my white background fabrics and there it was with a handy note pinned to it. WHEW!

Project boxes or project bags required?

Jaye said...

I love the fabrics you have used for this quilt. Great use of Asian fabric and great fussy cutting.

Julie Zaccone Stiller said...

Sometimes I do the note pinning and it actually works. I think what happened was I used the fabrics in my blue triptych. I had a project box going for the blocks, but it was too small to throw the big fabric pieces in. sigh. The Asian fabrics are fun to work with, and I'm actually enjoying fussy cutting which surprised me.