Thursday, May 13, 2021

All Solids

 


I'm doing a laundry load of all the new solids that have come into my workroom. So here are the before pictures.

I bought three colors for the background of the Moda Village quilt. 

They look so different in person versus the photo. I think I'll take another one after they're washed outside. In the store they looked like a nice three shade color step for the background "sky" of the Village quilt. These are all Paintbrush Studios Painter's Palette fabrics. Seeing them on the shelf next to the Kona cottons was a good comparison. They have a much smoother surface. I considered choosing a Kona color for the middle color but thought that the difference in fabric types would be noticeable. (at least to me!)

Then I also ordered from Curated Quilts the new fat quarter pack for their current mini-quilt challenge of Polygons. 

The colors are navy, olive green, rust, stone, eggshell and cream. 

They also had an FQ pack for the former challenge Applique Faces which I thought would be useful for faces or otherwise.

No comments: