Tuesday, May 04, 2021

Mail Surprises


Nice surprise mail arrived this weekend after we finally remembered to go to the PO box.


First a conference swag box from the recent SAQA conference. Nice stuff in there. Never thought that I’d someday be eating SAQA chocolate! Some nice stuff from the sponsors, including a Goddess Sheet from MistyFuse. Next time I fuse something, I'll try it out.

Second, I'd completely forgotten that I signed up for a Japanese charm swap from Sewtopia and Bunny's Designs. The setup was a little unusual to me, you bought a certain amount of fabric from Bunny's, they cut up all the fabrics that participating customers purchased and send out a great stack of squares to each person. It sounded like a good way to get a big range of Japanese fabrics. It's so fun to look through them all, I can't wait to use mine. I think I'll make my son Alex a quilt because he loves Japanese designed stuff. I'll put the all up on the design wall and take a picture of the great variety later. All the anime style stickers are super cute too.

I also bought a 1/2 yard of the tiger knit to use in a t-shirt or tank top. It just cracks me up for some reason.  As well as this interesting crossword fabric too. I thought it might be fun to embroider letters in the crossword with my new sewing machine.

No comments: