Wednesday, July 20, 2022

Village Work

It's chimney time in the Village, I almost forgot to make some "sky" backgrounds with chimneys. I’m trying to have at least a few of them per row of houses.
A Shiba Inu scrap face, just too cute to toss. 
Here's an assembly plan photo, aka how the heck I keep track of which window, door and house sides go with which roofs.
Watching the SF Giants while trimming roof pieces, I ended up sewing for almost an entire game, got into the zone.
Another assembly picture.
Where I'm at with house construction, setting them up in the rows. I'm making a bunch more houses and then spending some effort on arranging the houses nicely before I sew them together. It will likely end up being about 11 or 12 rows.
And two more in-process pictures. It's fun to swap the bits around until there's a house that "makes sense" visually to me.
It had been a long time between doing all the fussy cutting of the pieces and sewing them together, and I keep getting surprised/amused/charmed by these fabric designs.
 

2 comments:

Jaye said...

Love the mermaid!

You are on fire and these houses are looking so great!

Julie Zaccone Stiller said...

Thanks! I'm trying to keep it going.