Friday, January 01, 2021

Twenty Twenty Hindsight

Happy New Year!!

Before moving on to this new year, first a small recap of 2020, in 20/20 hindsight so to speak.


My word of the year was WORTH. I made a conscious effort to keep it in mind as I chose what to spend my creative energies on this last year. For the most part, I only made what I felt like making. I didn't make anything out of obligation or because I felt I had to for whatever reason. I feel like I successfully followed my own interests, fed my own muse, that sort of thing. It felt like a balanced year even amongst all the upset of the pandemic lockdown and our fire evacuation. If anything those two events helped me focus more on keeping my self worth in mind as I had even more limited creative time or energy to expend. It made it even more precious and I feel like I mainly spent it on what I needed or wanted to

Finishes:

1 Quilt for the Century of Women's Progress Exhibit

1 Celestial Round Robin Quilt finished


1 Color Box quilted and finished

15 Face Masks for my family.




1 Stitched panel for 25,000,000 Stitches project with an estimated 

2 Couch Pillows - Lucky Charm & Jawbreaker

4 Table Runners - Seaside,  Rock Candy, Tilted Squares, Color Splash


flow-y purple skirt

6 Car mirror bird-poop protectors

61 ICAD 



That's 93 finishes! (Okay, maybe counting the individual number of ICAD,  masks and car mirror protectors isn't quite right, but it's my list)

Quilt Tops Finished:

Kaffe Blue Squares

Safe At Home

During 2020 I learned a whole lot about my Cricut Maker, which was a 2019 Christmas present.  I wouldn't say I've mastered it, but I've used it quite a lot and tried out many of the functions. T

Less important maybe, but still something I spent my time on is this blog and the rest of social media. A lot of it is documenting my life kind of stuff, like a curated public diary, one that is mostly for me, but is still moderated on what is shared. For that you'd need my login for my Day One journal.

My Contributions to Social Media:

156 Blogposts here on HighFiberContent

143 Instagram posts

There were a bunch of retweets on Twitter, but mostly I just read there.

What did I let go of in 2020?

I moved the electronic keyboard out of my room, because my operated upon twice pinky finger doesn't work well enough to make any really good progress on keyboard playing. It mostly made me sad looking at all the time.

It all adds up to...a year. One of the weirdest years of my life, and probably yours too. Here's hoping 2021 works out a little more normal and better for us all.

1 comment:

Jaye said...

I really liked the way you summed up your year. I didn't know your Word of the Year until I read this. Do you keep it secret until the end? Or did I just miss the announcement?