Friday, January 29, 2021

Flower Friday - Rainy Version


 It's been a very very rainy week, a whole wheelbarrow's worth! The people near the fire scarred area had to evacuate because of the worry of debris/mud flows. Thankfully that didn't happen here, although it did down in the fire scar area of Monterey county. This is a picture of the burned mountain across from us, and even though it's kinda ugly, I'm very very relieved that it's still there.

I try to take a picture of my rain gauge every time I empty it, and my total of 13" is unscientific but compares to the high-tech weather station sites some of my neighbors have on Wunderground.

I was outside late at night just as the clouds broke above and I got this picture from underneath our Angel's Trumpet.

Please ignore the aphids and admire how pretty this Hellebore is when it's in bloom.

3 comments:

Jaye said...

Beautiful flower photos, as usual. The cloud/night/Angel Trumpet picture is wonderful!

Julie Zaccone Stiller said...

I really love that photo, I think I need to get it printed out and hang it up on the wall.

Jaye said...

Do it!