Thursday, January 07, 2021

Lone Round Robin - Rounds 5, 6, 7

 

The fifth round's prompt was to make a black and white striped fabric with 1" strips. I knew I didn't want it to be a continuous round so I broke it up in to sections that I framed in the center's fabric.

This is how it looks at the end of round five.
The sixth round prompt is to use a polka dot fabric. Now unfortunately I did just that in the fifth round, whoops. I almost just counted it as two rounds, but instead I decided to search for a fabric that was polka-dot-ish enough to count that would work. 
I tried out several things, and a lot of them would have worked.


I settled on this black and white batik polka dot, the printing is slightly askew and non-regular so it looks very interesting to me, gives it more movement.
Here are almost all of the fabrics I've used so far. All prints.
The seventh round was to include four half square triangles. I took it mean "at least" four. I used a reads as solid grey print that was used back in the very first round and the central fabric.

Here's how it looks at the end of the seventh round. It's really shaping up, three more rounds left to go.

No comments: