Saturday, January 23, 2021

Lone Round Robin - Ninth in Progress

 The ninth round of the Lone Round Robin is still in progress. I've made a start on the corners that flank the four quotations. This was mostly done during the power outage, so the lighting is a little off. 

I used my new Oliso mini iron while we were on generator power which worked perfectly. It didn't overload or overtax our generator, and I could still have the sewing machine plugged in too. This was my first time using the new iron and I was surprised at how effective it was. Some of the other minis don't get as hot, and without the weight of a larger iron they just don't work as well. But this one does, and for such a small iron, it makes a whole lot of steam, I like it! 

I didn't want to try ironing on my glass topped worktable, so I put my Steady Betty pressing surface on a chair next to my machine and plugged in the mini iron and I was ready to go. So far I'm very happy with the performance of the Steady Betty (plus I love the product name), but if and when it wears out, I think I'll try one of those new wool pressing mats that are all over these days.

I used the scentless Flatter spray by Soak on the mini blocks that I pieced with all the leftovers from previous rounds of this quilt top. I wish I could use the other scents that they have which smell very wonderful, but sometimes I have weird reactions to scented things. I think that Flatter really works well, I'd say just as well as Best Press. Both of them are non-starch options for flattening your quilt blocks.


I think I have one more corner left to go on this ninth round, and then on to the final round for this piece.

Note: "As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases."

No comments: