Tuesday, January 26, 2021

Lone Round Robin Quilt Top Complete

 

Time for the final round of the Lone Round Robin. The prompt for this tenth round was to use a batik. This slightly wonky polka dot which I used earlier seemed like a good way to finish up and frame this piece. But I needed to get that orange central fabric in there somehow. Small slices of it of different widths interspersed with the black white batik seemed like a good way to go.

I assembled it very randomly, making four segments to use on either ends of the vertical borders.
I went with squares of the orange fabric as the corners. I was considering making them rectangles instead, to match the central rectangle, but thought that would look a bit strange. I'm happy with most of my choices on this. I really like how this ended up and am thinking up ways to quilt it. This is small enough for me to do myself on my new machine. I think for binding I'll use that black print from the first, fifth, and ninth rounds, interspersed with bits of the orange, maybe at every fabric join, or even more often.

1 comment:

Jaye said...

I really like the idea of this quilt and the way yours came out. Your posts explaining your choices are really interesting.