Sunday, January 10, 2021

Sunday Selfie: Portrait of a Reader

 

We can call this one a self portrait of a reader. Excited to finally have a library book come in that I've been waiting months and months for:


I am so glad that I just looked up the book online to see that the cover of it is supposed to look worn out! I was honestly a little worried about the state of this library book as it's fairly new, but now I get it. It's supposed to look like a book that's been carried around and read a lot, kind of like pre-worn in jeans. 

We absolutely devoured the bonkers HBO show based on the book, so I really wanted to read it while I'm waiting on a season 2 to come out. 

Of course, that very same day, the electronic version of it that I'd also requested, arrived online as available. Why oh why? I went with the real deal to give my eyes a break from screen time. 

I've been reading (or listening) to a lot of library books with the great digital resources available they offer these days so this kind of stands out. It requires less trips out of the house, less physical contact with things other folks have handled, etc. The library has a COVID policy of quarantining the books returned before they carefully handle them, so I'm assuming it's okay. 

Note: "As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases."


No comments: