Tuesday, January 12, 2021

Lone Round Robin - Round 8


After a lot of gazing at what was up on the design wall, the round 8 blockade has finally been broken.
 I realized I didn't have quite enough hourglass blocks to make it all the way around. 
So I made a few more, and came up with this layout. With my design wall being white, I got to consider how it would be to use that white print used in some of the hourglass blocks, especially the stretched ones on the top and the bottom. I thought it would be too differently weighted compared to the other rounds being mostly grey backgrounded. Especially with the busyness and action from the hourglass blocks and all the prints.

The addition of one of the other grays used way back in round 2 as a filler. I like how the print looks in addition to the hourglass blocks.  That white print which isn't just white, it really comes through reading as a solid.
Two more rounds to go! 

No comments: