Monday, August 01, 2022

Around To August

 


It feels like we're finally just getting around to August. As a month, August always feels delayed to me and then it's *here* *bam* all-of-a-sudden. Leftovers from the realities of the school year looming ahead no doubt. Thankfully no longer my concern, hah!

This is the usual combination picture of two pictures from the previous month that is made in the app SnapSeed to kinda sorta represent the month ahead. 

The above is the Japanese Houses I've been working on all July and intend to keep working on in August.

This one is the big blue sky as seen from the beach in Zephyr Cove, Nevada.


The 1se video or One Second Everyday for July is above. I still am finding doing this teeny tiny process very useful and inspiring.

And finally here's my list of: What The Heck Did I Actually Do In July???  aka The Monthly I-Did

I cut out and ironed and sewed and trimmed the third circles for the orange bullseye project I also squared up the blocks and cut the blocks up into fourths to distribute.

I made a binding and sewed it onto Courthouse Steps for a finish!

I made a back, quilted and bound the Faux Goose Chase for another finish!

I kept making blocks for the Pantone Project.

I made many many house blocks and sewed them into rows for the Japanese Houses quilt

I kept going on the Secret Lives of Color quilt-a-long (but still haven't posted it here yet).

I kept moving stuff around in my workroom so that I can better see the whole design wall and get to things.

I made 31 Index Card A Day pieces using various media to finish up the yearly ICAD event.

I very occasionally added to my Visual Journal.

I blogged here 20/31 days

So...there were some finishes and a whole lot of piecing. I'd say that I got plenty got done for a summer month. Very much not even close to nothing.


1 comment:

Jaye said...

The video is so interesting! Really a good reminder.

Two quilts finished!!??!!! WOW! That is awesome. Hope you feel great about it.