Saturday, August 06, 2022

Final Cards for ICAD22

This is it, the final 8 cards I made for ICAD (Index Card A Day) for 2022. Again, I'm very glad to have done this for several years now. ( 2017, 20192020, 2021)  It's very worthwhile to me and I find it quite fun to go back and flip through the years worth of cards. 

This first one was a sort of test, and it reminds me of one of those test screens on old TV's. I made lines with all of the black, white or grey, all of them, pens pencils & markers. I think this would be a fabulous fabric and might just get some made via Spoonflower.
This one has a lot of depth to my eye.
I've had a disturbing forest fire magazine photo in my workbox for a while, and I finally ripped it up to use it. Somehow, interrupting the flow of the image, using it as blobs of color, greatly lessens my fear of the flames.
Blue skies after fire. They really do happen. 

Once I get on a circle thing, it continues for several days. I love the look of imperfect circles.
The purple/yellow combination remains a favorite.
A muted rainbow of sorts.

A very simple collage using a magazine photo I've had in my workbox for ages. I've watched a couple movies lately that were set in the UAE and featured enormous sandstorms, that's the looks I was going for.

2 comments:

Jaye said...

This series of cards is really great! Do these ever end up as quilt designs?

Julie Zaccone Stiller said...

Thanks! I'm pretty happy with the whole lot of them this year. Do they end up as quilt designs? Not intentionally so far, but I think a lot of the shapes and arrangements of things definitely transfers over.