Saturday, October 31, 2009

Happy Halloween and Samhain!

Happy Halloween and Samhain! Here is a final bit of holiday sewing that I accomplished during the month.
I wanted to add to my long-in-process Halloween Houses quilt with something different than the pieced and paper-pieced houses and log cabins that I have completed so far.
I had to play around with the shapes until they fit together well. Free-hand cutting with no pattern makes it challenging. Sometimes I'm better at eyeballing sizes when I use this method.
I fussy cut the stem so that the bat and notes were on there without getting cut off.
Here's how it looks next to some of the other blocks after appliqueing down the shapes with orange and brown rayon thread.

3 comments:

Anne Huskey-Lockard said...

Cool! I like the way the colors work, but what peaked my interest is that piece of bleach sploched (?) fabric right next to it???? Or is it printed?
Inquiring minds think they NEED to know... :)

XXOO!!
Anne

jovaliquilts said...

Very cool pumpkin, love how you did it. And that Halloween houses quilt is to die for! What a great idea!

Jaye said...

Is this one of the blocks for your Halloween quilt?