Sunday, December 13, 2020

Shiny Happy

 

I tried something even more new the other day. I bought the brand new foiling kit from CriCut, it comes with a special foiling tip and sheets of foiling material and this very nice white tape. The hardest part of the whole endeavor was figuring out where exactly the foil material needed to be relative to the design on the mat. Once I had that measured out, I realized the design needed to be two sheets wide. I overlapped two of the sheets and taped them down really well and kinda crossed my fingers that it wouldn't get messed up too much once the machine started working. The second hardest step was getting the sheets taped down without any gaps or wrinkles. Luckily the tape is repositionable and doesn't wreck the paper at all.
The foil embossing tool is slightly blue so you can tell it apart from the other ones. I liked the clear instructions about having the shiny side up on the foil. 
This is what the foil looks like after going through the machine. I guess it's not reusable? Not sure on that, might have to play around and find out. At the very least I'll use it in a collage somehow. This design element was on the flap of the envelope which I thought was very clever.
Here's a close up of the design, you can see where the overlapping sheets of foil were joined, but just slightly, so I called it a win and sent it off to the intended recipient. Hopefully Cricut willl sell wider sheets, or I can find another brand that has a bigger size that will work. 
The whole card in all its shiny glory. Now I can still have shiny without spreading the herpes of the crafworld around--glitter. 

2 comments:

Jaye said...

I love this card! I am glad you told me you made it, because it looks amazingly professional. I thought you bought it. I am even more impressed now that I know you made it. Beyond choosing the perfect design for me YOU MADE IT! <3

Julie Zaccone Stiller said...

Oh gosh, that's the best compliment, thanks!