Wednesday, December 09, 2020

Wandering Wednesday - California Skies

 

Last month, for my third appointment for the clinical trial I'm participating in, we drove to Los Angeles and back again in one day. We were trying to avoid any unnecessary interactions while out of our area because the Covid numbers were really on the increase. It made for a very long day in the car so I took a lot of pictures of the sky as we went.  In the early morning as we passed the reservoir, the rainy skies were lifting and clearing.
I like the framing on this one with the oak tree and the sunrise.
I really love those hills surrounding the reservoir. This one reminds me a bit of some of those religious paintings.
There was a lot of cloud activity as we drove down the state and back.

In the afternoon on the return trip, there was a rainbow.
I like the shadow of the car in this one.
The brilliant blue of the sky at this hour always gets to me.
The vineyards turn a seasonal orange this time of year. It goes really nicely with the sunset colors.

It's really a sight, those grapevines on their way out for the season, really beautiful.
I'm glad we took the chance on me participating in this clinical trial. I'm hoping that it will be okay for me to go to the final appointment a little over a week from now. The doctor travels from Arizona, and the travel restrictions in California are tightening. 

2 comments:

Jaye said...

More finger crossing for getting to go to your appointment.

This time of year is fabulous for photos. The sky is so brilliant and the clouds are fabulous. No flat grey (or blue) skies from summer.

Julie Zaccone Stiller said...

It really is a good time for pictures. We'll see how the skies are tomorrow when I'm in the car all day for the last appointment.