Monday, December 14, 2020

Color Bars Stitched

 

All of the quilting is now done on the Color Splash table runner. I am now an expert on thread changing on my new machine. Yes, I color-matched each bar of color in the design.
I used a wavy stitch for the quilting in each bar, instead of more free-motion. It's one of the pre-programmed embroidery stitches the new machine came with. I really like how it turned out. It gives a visible texture that is also fairly even.
Now to get the binding sewn on.

I decided this will be the table runner for June, as it is Pride Month. Seems like a good month to have a rainbow on the table.

2 comments:

Jaye said...

I love this! It is fantastic. The colors are great and I love the wavy line quilting. Great use of that stitch!

Julie Zaccone Stiller said...

Thanks! I'm pretty pleased with how the wavy line worked out.