Tuesday, December 01, 2020

On The Back

 Now that the Safe At Home quilt top is finished, I'm working on using up the scraps for the pieces that will make up the back.

There were a lot of leftover half square triangles, some due to the way the blocks were made and some due to me misreading one of the row instructions.


So there are a whole lot for me to work with.

I take a picture when I like the layout and use it to make sure when I'm sewing I get it together correctly.
It's going to be hard to get myself to stop playing with these "scraps", I'm really still happy with using these fabrics and colors. But I am running out of the grays that I used for the quilt top.

2 comments:

Jaye said...

You should get more of the colors and work through the whole process with these colors. There is nothing wrong with doing a series. :)

Julie Zaccone Stiller said...

That's a good idea, I have lots left over that I haven't put away yet.